The Little Prince
Based on the well-loved and world famous story by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince is retold using Protein’s mix of humour, dance and music and encourages us to look at the world through one’s heart and reconnect with the child that’s in us all.
★★★★ The Observer
★★★★ The Times
★★★★ The Stage
May Contain Food, May Contain You
Inspired by Luca Silvestrini’s original critically acclaimed production of May Contain Food, this is a self-contained show with a cast of two, specially adapted for rural touring and alternative performance spaces.
Optional accompaniment of a sister adaptation for older peoples care settings.
An Italian version of the show co-produced with Marche Teatro is also available for touring.
May Contain Food
An immersive experience for dance and theatre audiences. Containing live music and 8 performers, this show is performed in the round. Audiences are welcomed into a dining room setting, sat at round tables. Contains dialogue.
Last toured autumn 2016
Works available cont'ed
Following a successful run at Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2017, Border Tales has been touring nationally and internationally.
With Silvestrini’s trademark use of wit, this production looks at multi-cultural living in the UK seen through the eyes of the characters on stage. The show has been adapted for a 'post Brexit-Britain' and although previously toured in the round, is now performed front on. Contains dialogue and live music.
Outdoor work available
This is an outdoor event, performed in city centres or shopping malls. Protein takes residence and integrates a local cast and performers into the show, as ‘happenings’ take place daily leading up to the main finale performance on the final day.
Other work available
LOL (Lots of Love)
A critically-acclaimed show, that tours easily with minimal set. The production has 6 performers and uses dance to enter the lives of this group of people, trapped in their desires and self-broadcasting. Contains dialogue.
Last toured spring 2015
Real Life Real Dance
This programme is about using dance to make a real difference to people’s lives. Working with people and using their own ideas and movements to create high-quality performance-led work is the unique essence that Protein brings to everything it does. RLRD seeks to provide a creative outlet for people from all walks of life who are displaced and disengaged.
Contact our Creative Producer Caron Loudy for more information: Caron@proteindance.co.uk
Promoters Mailing List
Click here to stay in touch and receive updates about Protein's future projects.
How we tour our work
Whether you are a promoter that has already booked us, or someone interested in booking Protein, the information here should give you an insight into the requirements for each production or participation project.
Click here to download a list of Protein's available works.
To discuss your plans or if you have any questions please contact Franck Bordese our Executive Director.
- There is no regular schedule of touring and there can be gaps between productions.
- Each new work is cast according to its content, although some performers have worked on more than one production. The company does not have a permanent group of performers.
- Some of the work requires transportation of sets, while others take place outdoors and use the surroundings, so please check the tech spec carefully for each production.
- Fee rates are available upon request from the Executive Director.
- For international touring, in addition to the fee, promoters are required to cover the cost of: freight, international transport, local ground transport, accommodation in single hotel rooms and per diem in local currency equivalent to the sterling rate requested by the company.
- The Artistic Director accompanies all tours, as well as any technical crew and/or tour manager required.