Promoters Mailing List
Touring spring 2018
May Contain Food, May Contain You
Rural Tour – for village halls, community centres and small studio spaces
Inspired by Luca Silvestrini’s original critically acclaimed production of May Contain Food, this is a self-contained show with a cast of two, specially adapted for rural touring and alternative performance spaces.
Optional accompaniment of a sister adaptation for older peoples care settings.
Enquiries: Melanie Precious Creative Producer
Other works available
Following a successful at Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2017, we will be touring Border tales in Spring 2018.
With Silvestrini’s trademark use of wit, this production looks at multi-cultural living in the UK seen through the eyes of the characters on stage. The show has been adapted for a 'post Brexit-Britain and although previously toured in the round, will be performed front on. Contains dialogue and live music.
May Contain Food
An immersive experience for dance and theatre audiences. Containing live music and 8 performers, this show is performed in the round. Audiences are welcomed into a dining setting, sat at round tables and chairs. Contains dialogue.
Last toured autumn 2016
This is an outdoor event, performed traditionally in city centres. Protein take residence and integrate local cast and performers into the show, as ‘happenings’ take place daily leading up to the main finale performance on the final day.
LOL (Lots of Love)
A critically-acclaimed show, that tours easily with minimal set. The production has 6 performers and uses dance to enter the lives of this group of people, trapped in their desires and self-broadcasting. Contains dialogue.
Last toured spring 2015
How we tour our work
Whether you are a promoter that has already booked us, or someone interested in booking Protein, the information here should give you an insight into the requirements for each production.
Click here to download a list of Protein's available works.
To discuss your plans or if you have any questions please contact Franck Bordese our Executive Director.
- There is no regular schedule of touring and there can be gaps between productions.
- Each new work is cast according to its content, although some performers have worked on more than one production. The company does not have a permanent group of performers.
- Some of the work requires transportation of sets, while others take place outdoors and use the surroundings, so please check the tech spec carefully for each production.
- Fee rates are available upon request from the Executive Director.
- For international touring, in addition to the fee, promoters are required to cover the cost of: freight, international transport, local ground transport, accommodation in single hotel rooms and per diem in local currency equivalent to the sterling rate requested by the company.
- The Artistic Director accompanies all tours, as well as any technical crew and/or tour manager required.